A free event celebrating Walsall’s cultural diversity in a spirit of peace and unity.
Highlights of the Festival include:
• Exclusive fashion displays by designer Barjis Chohan
• Join Ali Imdad from the BBC’s “Great British Bake Off” and bake your own delicious bread!
• Workshops in a variety of different arts and crafts!
• Grab yourself some tea and peruse our souk of unique stalls!
Saturday, 8 March, 12-4pm.
There were many new projects and opportunities to get involved in 2013 and some of them continue in 2014 – with plenty more to come. Please get in touch to share your ideas or pop in to the Village Hub on Thursdays, 5-6pm to have a chat with Anna.
In the meantime, here is a brief list of things that are definitely happening in January:
- Tea and coffee mornings in Palfrey Park, Tuesdays 9 am – 12.00 pm
- Multicultural cooking workshops for women, Wednesdays 9 am – 12.00 pm, 1 Camden Street
- Yoga for women, Thursdays 9.30 am – 10.30 am, AAINA Community Hub
- Caldmore Community Garden open days, Thursdays 10 am – 2 pm
- Community Organiser’s Drop In, Thursdays 5-6 pm, Village Hub
- Yoga and pilates for women including healthy living sessions, Fridays 9.30 am – 11.30 am, AAINA Community Hub, starting from the 17th of January
- Bengali classes for children, Saturdays 3-4.30 pm, AAINA Community Hub
See you there!
Come along and meet Santa, sit in his sleigh, collect a gift and tell him what you would like for Christmas.Have your photo taken and stay to have a bite to eat and play festive games with Santa’s elves.
This Friday, 3pm-6pm.
Please join us for Carols in the Garden event on Saturday, the 21st of December, at 5pm in Caldmore Community Garden.
Don’t forget to bring the torch to read the Carol sheets clearly.
Last Friday (22nd of November) the Mayor of Walsall honoured local organisations and individuals that make the greatest difference to their communities.
Among many other winners and nominees, there were two shining organisations from Caldmore:
- AnotherWay LGBT Social and Support Group which works with the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community offering peer support and help in overcoming sexual isolation, discrimination and stigma received one of the Awards!
- Caldmore Village Festival Group got nominated for bringing the Caldmore community together and organising the annual festival, Walsall Mela, running Caldmore Community Garden as well as Caldmore Tidy Up project.
More information on the Awards ceremony and the winners HERE
Do you know your Delicious from your Fuiis? Come and celebrate your favourite apples at Caldmore Community Garden – Saturday 19th of October is Apple Day!
Bring your apple desserts to enter a free competition and win a handsome prize! Entries in by 1pm, judging at 2pm, and eating starts later!
Appleish arts and crafts for the young and not so young.
Prove your apple know-how with our quizzes and games.
Try our apple delicacies from apple punches to pies and pancakes or test your strength with the apple press!
For the serious foodies, come and take part in our food smoking workshop – food will be provided (halal and vegetarian included) but don’t forget to bring a biscuit tin with a lid!
Caldmore Community Garden, Carless Street, WS1 3RH Walsall.
Saturday, 19 October, 12-4pm.
Visit them on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CaldmoreCommunityGarden
All too often you hear about people who have been diagnosed with cancer. That can be a relative, friend, colleague, neighbour or someone even closer to home. Macmillan nurses offer an invaluable service of positive support for people affected by cancer.
To show our appreciation for the help given PPG of Palfrey Health Centre would like to invite you to ‘Palfrey Health & Well Being Day’.
There will be free health and well being advice, entertainment for children,food, Aloe Vera products and a lot more.
All participants are making a donation towards Macmillan Cancer.
Come along and show your support on the 12th October 12-4pm at the Palfrey Community Association, Milton Street, WS1 4LA.
- Take a photo of what you’d like to improve in your area
- Upload your photo to Twitter or Instagram and tell people what you’d change
- Add the hashtag #RechargeMyCommunity
Energizer will pick the 10 winners at the end of the competition. They could be anything from giving your child’s classroom a makeover to helping your neighbour fix their fence. Good luck!